[fosscomm] small step for ITEC; giant leap for IT employees

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:08:34 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM,  <jtd at mtnl.net.in> wrote:
> On Thursday 15 March 2012 08:42:46 Vivek Khurana wrote:

>> > Read and verufy your facts.

>> > Salaries dropped aka salaries were cut to below their  existing levels.
>> > What are you talking about. Infact wage parity was implemented and the
>> > wage bill shot up by a huge factor.
>> > Incentives and bonuses had no link to profitability or performance. This
>> > was and continues to be the case.
>> >
>> > http://www.indianexpress.com/news/cut-air-india-pilots-pay-panel/906285/
>>
>>  As I said you wont believe any fact which goes against your
>> judgement.
>
> Not quite. I agree and stated at the start that labour trouble is in part,
> alongwith other decisions, responsible for the mess. So I actually agree with
> your statement of political interference and managerial incompetence.
> But I dont agree at all to your attempt to prove that labour is holy. They
> are, IMO equally responsible.
>
>> This proves me again The salary of a pilot has a fixed
>> amount plus flying allowance. This is not incentive which is
>> calculated separately. The flying allowance is calculated based on the
>> route and the flying hours. Before merger, both Indian airlines and
>> Airindia were flying on the international route and obviously the
>> allowance on international route is higher than of domestic route.
>> Post merger the Indian airlines pilots were restricted to fly on the
>> domestic routes only. These were skilled pilots as flying on
>> international routes requires special training in handling. So if you
>> were a trained pilot and earning X amount of money every month,
>> suddenly start receiving X/4 amount and made to fly short domestic
>> circuits what will you do ? You might be a special case and leave the
>> job but not everyone will.
>
> Read that link again. Allowance for flying International routes !=salary.
> There are "justifiable" additional costs to staff when flying international
> and hence the allowance. You are again trying to massage a perk into a basic
> right. A common thing in this thread. So, Cant fly international = no
> allowance. How is that an injustice ?

 When you had been trained to fly internationally and promoted to fly
internationally, then suddenly made to do the jobs which is not
requiring your expertise. How is that justified?

>>  The wage bill will shoot up as the staff almost doubled while
>> earnings tumbled as the merged airline had to do away with several
>> profitable national and international routes.
>
> FYI tickets were not available on many routes, even though the planes are
> empty !. One of their Chief Flight pursers (and one more friend in a high
> place which I cant reveal for obvious reasons), flying international is a
> good friend of mine and we meet every 15 days ;-E. I have been getting almost
> a fortnightly update from the inside. Long before things actually happen on
> the ground or hit the press. Everything they have told us was spot on.
>
> They actually have a staff shortage, which rakes in more money for the staff
> thru overtime. But it was getting so bad that union members had to tell the
> union to intervene. So I dont know what excess staff you are talking of.

 When did I say staff excess ? I said the staff almost doubled post
merger but that does not mean excess staff. Good to know you have
insider links, but what makes you think someone writing this much will
not know someone from inside?
 Your problem is that in every thread and every mailing list you
engage in what we call "Vitand Vaad" (arguing for the sake of
arguing). Probably I should start marking all your emails as spam.

regards
Vivek