[fosscomm] [event] Ubuntu Cloud Day Bangalore 2012

Vickram Crishna vvcrishna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 04:30:46 PST 2012

Bangalore, Prakash? I must say, you like living dangerously :-)

What is the provision for, and what kind of attention is being paid to,
data security and prevention of data leakage of PII (personally
identifiable information), within this Ubuntu cloud exercise?

Are you looking beyond persons and identities with a view to deploying
Cloud and Cloud infrastructure, to the active participation of persons and
entities with an interest to preserving basic human rights (within and
without the sketchy description in the brief mail below of the event)?
Hence, deliberate top-posting.

My queries are made with a view to awakening an interest in both the
question and its answers, and not with any intent to criticise the event or
the need for such an event.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Prakash Advani <prakash at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> We are happy to announce  Ubuntu Cloud Day Bangalore 2012.
>
> This will have a session on OpenStack.
>
> Date: Wednesday, April 4th from 9am
>
> The Grand Ballroom, Chancery Pavilion Hotel, Bangalore
>
> Register now at http://www.ubuntucloudday.in
>
> What is Ubuntu Cloud Day?
>
> Ubuntu Cloud Day is Canonical's biggest Cloud event in Bangalore this
> year. With keynote speeches from various members of the Canonical team, and
> a more focussed technical delivery, register now to avoid disappointment.
>
> What's on the agenda?
>
> Presentations on working with Ubuntu Cloud, JuJu, Cloud infrastructure, as
> well as presentations from Intel and other partners.
>
> Who should attend?
>
> People with an interest in deploying Cloud and Cloud infrastructure.
>
> Where is it?
>
> The Grand Ballroom, Chancery Pavilion Hotel, 135 Residency Road, Bangalore.
>

> What is the cost?
>
> The event is sponsored by Intel & Canonical and is has a fee of INR
> 999.00. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
>
> How do I register?
>
> Register at http://www.ubuntucloudday.in

Vickram
Fool On The Hill <http://communicall.wordpress.com>