[fosscomm] Spoken Tutorial Project - IIT Bombay, Interest in getting involved with you !

Raj Mathur ( राज =?utf-8?b?IOCkruCkvuCkpeClgeCksA==?=) raju at linux-delhi.org
Tue Oct 18 09:13:48 PDT 2011

On Tuesday 18 Oct 2011, jtd at mtnl.net.in wrote:
> [snip]

Interesting to see all the little by-lanes this discussion has gone
into.  Just to keep the record straight, I have nothing against anyone
using the NC licence.  On the other hand, I do believe (and can
substantiate) that if your objective is freedom and openness, then NC
will prevent you from achieving that objective.  Of course, you can
choose to redefine "freedom" and "openness" into some terms that meet
your personal agenda, but dammit, calling it "day" doesn't make the
night any the less dark!

As for corporations and mindsets and money and monopolies, fascinating
as they are, they are at best tangential to the basic issue of freedom.

Getting the popcorn, putting my feet up and watching the fireworks.
Happy Diwali all!

Regards,

-- Raj
--