[fosscomm] MHRD draft policy on ICTs in school education says 'Free and Open Source software should be preferred'

Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Tue Jul 28 23:22:45 PDT 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:59:19 +0530
Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> Gora Mohanty wrote:
[...]
> > One thing that could be added, but which I have not done
> > at this point, is to ask for the addition of an item in
> > Section 6, saying that content licensed under an open
> > (specifically CC?) should be preferred.
> >
> that would be useful. Can we add something like the following in
> the section 6.
>
> "Developing, accessing and using digital content will preferably
> be done in the public domain, or through open licenses like
> creative commons."

Have put this on the Wiki. Actually, could everyone just make these
changes directly. A Wiki maintains history, and changes can be
reverted if necessary.

> >> Please also indicate if anyone is willing to take this
> >> responsibility.
> >>
> > [...]
> >
> > What responsibility are you referring to? Formatting the
> > version on the Wiki, and sending it to the earlier
> > mentioned email address? I can do this, but need some
> > clarifications. Do we send text, PDF, or both? Is a
> > physical letter also required?
> >
> Pdf too :) . Always useful to send a physical letter or at least
> a fax as well, gets into the government files.
>
> I am re-sending information earlier forwarded by Guru
[...]

Thanks. I have that, and was just wondering about what to send.
Isn't the deadline for submissions today? Can we call an end to
discussions at 2pm today, after which I will send out the email,
with both text, and PDF. Whose name do I put as the signatory?
Presumably Andrew, but then I somehow have to get the physical
letter to him today for his signature.

It would also be good to have FOSSCOMM letterhead paper.

Regards,
Gora