[fosscomm] MHRD draft policy on ICTs in school education says 'Free and Open Source software should be preferred'

Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Tue Jul 28 12:00:36 PDT 2009

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:14:39 +0530
Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
[...]
> We have 24 hours to go for the deadline. Pl comment in this
> period if the draft as it stands can be sent to the HRD ministry
> on behalf of FOSSCOMM.

I have added some more changes directly to the Wiki:
o Defined the "FOSS" acronym at the first occurrence.
o Added a sentence in the last paragraph describing
  FOSSCOMM.
o I could not resist making some changes in the wording,
  though I recognise that everyone has their own style,
  and it should be up to the sponsor of the proposal to
  to decide on that. Please feel free to revert my changes
  via the Wiki history.

One thing that could be added, but which I have not done
at this point, is to ask for the addition of an item in
Section 6, saying that content licensed under an open
(specifically CC?) should be preferred.

> Please also indicate if anyone is willing to take this
> responsibility.
[...]

What responsibility are you referring to? Formatting the
version on the Wiki, and sending it to the earlier
mentioned email address? I can do this, but need some
clarifications. Do we send text, PDF, or both? Is a
physical letter also required?

Regards,
Gora