[fosscomm] MHRD draft policy on ICTs in school education says 'Free and Open Source software should be preferred'

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Jul 28 09:44:39 PDT 2009

justin joseph wrote:
> "5.3.2 Free ware, free and open source software applications will be preferred"
>
> The above is copy pasted from the document downloaded from
> http://education.nic.in/secedu/ict.pdf
>
> IMO my changes were right.  Please revert your changes.

Yes, you are right. My mistake.  Dont know how 'free' had disappeared in
the first place. . i have now reverted my changes.

We have 24 hours to go for the deadline. Pl comment in this period if
the draft as it stands can be sent to the HRD ministry on behalf of
FOSSCOMM.

Please also indicate if anyone is willing to take this responsibility.
parminder