[fosscomm] [OT] BG's sustainability?

jtd jtd at mtnl.net.in
Tue Jul 28 04:20:14 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 28 July 2009, H.S.Rai wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 4:40 PM, H.S.Rai<hardeep.rai at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Charity of BG in India must be seen as his sale promotion scheme.
>
> OT, but may be useful
>
> http://www.fundsforngos.org/ngosustainabilitynetwork/article/bill-gates-fou
>ndation-uninstalling-its-program/

The NGO business is mostly a hughe scam. NGOs in health care are test grounds
for pharma companies. At least a few of whom i know live well from the
pickings.
There is a scheme in Maharashtra for running balwadis. This one is mostly run
by local politicos and their henchmen. The education is minimal to non
existent. There are a large number of non existent children all duly enrolled
(very similiar to our PDS and gas schemes).
But these NGOs are not the real problem.
The real problem is the "intelligentsia" and the press, lauding stupid schemes
like it was the gateway to heaven. And the reason? this group relies on the
machinations of the donors for survival. Which news paper is going to publish
the crooked shenanigans of BG and M$?

It is ironic that we would (i presume) have to bring in the same set of NGOs
in FOSSCOMM. Wonder how they will protect their income while biting the hands
that feed them.

--
Rgds
JTD