[fosscomm] MHRD draft policy on ICTs in school education says 'Free and Open Source software should be preferred'

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Jul 28 01:36:32 PDT 2009

justin joseph wrote:

>>> http://fosscomm.in/LetterForEducationPolicy
>>>
>>> -- Raj
>>>
>> added this to http://fosscomm.in/Letter-to#preview
>>
>> I have made some changes to the draft proposed by Sashi. Pl give comments.
>> We have only 2 days before the deadline for the comments. parminder
>>

> changed "open source software" to "free and open source software" (revision 3)

The place where you changed is a quote from the draft policy and
therefore cannot be changed. I have reverted to the original here, and
proposed alternative text for the policy drafters which speaks of 'free
and open source software' instead of 'freeware and open source software'
as per your suggested changes. parminder