[fosscomm] LAST DATE 29 JULY ** MHRD draft policy on ICTs in school education says 'Free and Open Source software should be preferred'

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal ajaypal at ajaypal.com
Mon Jul 27 06:07:46 PDT 2009

There is one risk though, even if draft policy on ICTs in school
education says 'Free and Open Source software should be preferred' it
can change.

Something similar has happened in another of Govt of India project by
the name R-APDRP for power sector.
The original SRS said "An Open Source Version of Operating System is
preferred" but as per a clarification issued by MoP/ PFC on 8/7/2009 (
http://72.167.37.52:8090/rapdrp///uploadedfiles/file_1012.pdf see ),
that line has been removed from final SRS.

2009/7/27 Guru गुरु <guru at itforchange.net>

> Friends
>
> Since the LAST DATE for giving feedback on the ICT In education policy is 29 July, can I request we have a cutoff of tomorrow for the feedback on the text that Sasi shared with us which is on the FOSSCOMM wiki.
>

> One of us could also email the FOSSCOMM representation to ictpolicy.edu at nic.in.
>
> The email could also be copied to Mr Subhash Khuntia, Joint Secretary MHRD; and also faxed to him.
>
> Sh. S. C. Khuntia, Joint Secretary (SE), Room No. 217-C, D/o SE&L,. MHRD ... 23381096, e-mail: s.khuntia at nic.in. Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi, Tel. No.: 23383226, 23070584 (Fax)
>
> Any volunteers.
>
> Also, members could also independantly email ictpolicy.edu at nic.in, welcoming the 'preference for FOSS' etc. Number of feedbacks also helps :-)
>
> regards
> Guru
>

> Sasi Kumar wrote:
>>
>> 2009/7/26 Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>:
>>
>>> Does anyone want to take up the task of framing a response from this group?
>>
>> Here is the letter being sent from FSF India. Perhaps, this can be
>> discussed as the draft of a letter to be sent from FOSSCOMM.
>>
>> Best

> --
> Gurumurthy Kasinathan
> IT for Change
> Bridging Development Realities and Technological Possibilities
> Tel:98454 37730
> www.ITforChange.net
> http://Public-Software.in
> http://India.IS-Watch.net
> http://IS-Watch.net
> http://content-commons.in
> *IT for Change is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with United
> Nations’ Economic and Social Council*

Cheers

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal