[fosscomm] LAST DATE 29 JULY ** MHRD draft policy on ICTs in school education says 'Free and Open Source software should be preferred'

Guru गुरु guru at itforchange.net
Mon Jul 27 05:41:28 PDT 2009

Friends

Since the LAST DATE for giving feedback on the ICT In education policy
is 29 July, can I request we have a cutoff of tomorrow for the feedback
on the text that Sasi shared with us which is on the FOSSCOMM wiki.

One of us could also email the FOSSCOMM representation to
ictpolicy.edu at nic.in.

The email could also be copied to Mr Subhash Khuntia, Joint Secretary
MHRD; and also faxed to him.

Sh. S. C. Khuntia, Joint Secretary (SE), Room No. 217-C, D/o SE&L,. MHRD
... 23381096, e-mail: s.khuntia at nic.in. Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi, Tel.
No.: 23383226, 23070584 (Fax)

Any volunteers.

Also, members could also independantly email ictpolicy.edu at nic.in,
welcoming the 'preference for FOSS' etc. Number of feedbacks also helps :-)

regards
Guru

Sasi Kumar wrote:
> 2009/7/26 Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>:
>
>> Does anyone want to take up the task of framing a response from this group?
>
> Here is the letter being sent from FSF India. Perhaps, this can be
> discussed as the draft of a letter to be sent from FOSSCOMM.
>
> Best

Gurumurthy Kasinathan
IT for Change
Tel:98454 37730
www.ITforChange.net
http://Public-Software.in
http://India.IS-Watch.net
http://IS-Watch.net
http://content-commons.in
*IT for Change is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with United
Nations’ Economic and Social Council*