[fosscomm] Microsoft wants to be part of UID proj : Bill Gates

jtd jtd at mtnl.net.in
Sun Jul 26 06:45:33 PDT 2009

On Sunday 26 July 2009, Mohit Singh wrote:
> > And mind you BG is being very generous with his foundation money. No the
> > two have no link whatsoever.

Also INFY share prices rising has nothing to do with possible tripartitie
sweetheart deals btwn the government, M$ and Infy.

> Dear JTD and others, May I kindly elicit the fact that the Redmond
> Codelifter has a history of approaching IIT for student fellowship
> followed by tenders (and both are implicitly linked).
>
> Our slum dwellers (and even dogs out there) dont need even a single
> dollar of a so called billionaire who shamelessly markets his inferior
> products like inventions.

Well, not if you ask the recipients of handouts. There are long queues of NGOs
just waiting  for BGs moolah to fall in.

> We are not poor because we dont have money, we are poor due to our
> attitude of being poor and becoming poorer by our mindsets.

If you go by the English press we poor sods are overwhelmed by the generosity.
The PM - an economist - holding up BG as a paragon of idontknowwhat.
And all the pious statements from NN and Co. is just that - pious statements.
Nothing should come in the way of golden egg collection including partnering
with a convicted monopolist. Even better if the scheme is handed on a platter
by the government.

All you FOSS guys can think of is standards and fonts and silly bits and
bytes - not even an organisation to incubate grand unified schemes and invite
convicted monopolist to dinner with the high and mighty.
I am im(de)pressed by the beauty of the UID scheming.
Where is the Windows 9/11 installer?

--
Rgds
JTD