[fosscomm] Microsoft wants to be part of UID proj : Bill Gates

jtd jtd at mtnl.net.in
Fri Jul 24 13:29:04 PDT 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009, renuka prasad wrote:
> Microsoft wants to be part of UID proj: Bill Gates"Microsoft wants to be
> part of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) project," he
> said on Friday, Jul 24 at a joint event with Nasscom.

Accept pronto. Everything will be so borked, we neednt worry about U or ID.

> Bill Gates is expected to meet the chairman of the UIDAI, Nandan Nilekani
> to discuss a partnership.
>
> Nandan Nilekani, the former co chairman of Infosys took over the UID
> project on Thursday, Jul 23. The project will create and maintain a
> national database containing the identity details of all the citizens of
> the country.

As per the press NN is starting with the gas connection database. The ultimate
duplicity (or shall we say multiplicity) database, with more than 60 % of the
consumers not existing in phy format but merrily consuming gas.

--
Rgds
JTD