[fosscomm] Letter to e-Governance department, Government of Karnataka

Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Thu Jul 23 12:29:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:14:29 +0530
Hari Prasad Nadig <hpnadig at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Presently several existing Kannada Unicode fonts are flawed.
> There are no rendering issues with respect to Unicode on
> GNU/Linux apart from the arkavattu issue that apparently has a
> fix in Unicode, but not 'implemented' (?) on certain rendering
> engines. Check a draft page we did earlier:
> http://dev.sampada.net/Kannada_Localization_TODO_List

This document notes that there is no suitable OpenType,
Unicode font for Kannada in the FOSS world. How about the
ones listed under
http://www.indlinux.org/wiki/index.php/IndicFontsList#Kannada
which I presume that you must have listed. Are any of these
in a shape close enough that they can be adopted as a starting
point?

Regards,
Gora