[fosscomm] Open Source for America

vid vid at svaksha.com
Wed Jul 22 07:09:41 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 18:48, Kenneth Gonsalves<lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 Jul 2009 6:30:52 pm narendra sisodiya wrote:
>> they says --
>> "*Open Source for America*" includes a diverse cross-section of technology
>> industry leaders, associations, non-governmental organizations, communities
>> and academic/research institutions.
>>
>> more at - http://www.opensourceforamerica.org/
>

> you will note that they have a common minimum programme - called a Mission
> Statement.
[......]
> their mission statement is very very neutral and highly focussed. We could
> learn things from them.

Terminology issues aside, I am surprised at the silence on the road
ahead - CMP (feel free to call it whatever you like instead of
indulging in hair-splitting over terminology) and
http://lists.fosscom.in/pipermail/network-fosscom.in/2009-May/000090.html
, or if the latter is indeed required.   IMHPO, the reluctance to get
done with this basic task (CMP) is disappointing. Currently, list
enthusiasm not withstanding, interms of industry impact (social,
technological, etc...), there is hardly any difference between this
list and the various LUG lists. If anything its a lot more polite (and
I hope i have not spoken too soon :)) but I hope after 5 months of
discussion, this group can define (refine?) its goals and objectives.

--
thanks
|| vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||