[fosscomm] Open Source for America

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Wed Jul 22 06:18:09 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 22 Jul 2009 6:30:52 pm narendra sisodiya wrote:
> they says --
> "*Open Source for America*" includes a diverse cross-section of technology
> industry leaders, associations, non-governmental organizations, communities
> and academic/research institutions.
>
> more at - http://www.opensourceforamerica.org/

you will note that they have a common minimum programme - called a Mission
Statement. They have built a broad coalition by not introducing 'beliefs' into
their statement. They do not bash any one and use the more neutral word 'Open
Source' rather than FOSS. They seem to have attracted the best of the OS
community as well as some of FOSS community, along with some NGOs. In fact,
their mission statement is very very neutral and highly focussed. We could
learn things from them.
Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate
NRC-FOSS