[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

amachu ramadasan at amachu.net
Mon Jul 20 01:57:42 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 12:41 +0530, Mohit Singh wrote:
> > Well, It is a working group not a decision making or APEX body. We would
> > need four at-least, One for each zone (North, East, West and South) and
> > confining it to this mailing list alone won't be inclusive enough. There
> > are lot of people wanting FOSS to come up in a big way but are not used
> > to IRC,  mailing list, one language culture which may be common for us.
>
> We can see how Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) works. It has a
> highly distributed yet structurally governed body. All are welcome to
> contribute and the decision making processes are transparent.
>
> IETF Working Groups reflect all kinds of Internet technology we see
> around us. FOSSCOMM can also have vertical working groups dedicated to
> specific actions.

Thanks We shall definitely take up the positive things from that.

Let me also bring into notice, any prominent FOSS project/ initiatives
primarily relies on handful of Full time people, with the community
revolving around them.

It can be FSF (It has RMS "full-time"), Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, KDE,
GNOME. And they succeed. Do we have a set-up of such for any FOSS
initiatives in India?

NRCFOSS and then?

I hope IETF too have few people who work for it full time.

--

ஆமாச்சு