[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Mohit Singh gmohitsingh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 23:59:10 PDT 2009

> Well, It is a working group not a decision making or APEX body. We would
> need four at-least, One for each zone (North, East, West and South) and
> confining it to this mailing list alone won't be inclusive enough. There
> are lot of people wanting FOSS to come up in a big way but are not used
> to IRC,  mailing list, one language culture which may be common for us.

We can see how Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) works. It has a
highly distributed yet structurally governed body. All are welcome to
contribute and the decision making processes are transparent.

IETF Working Groups reflect all kinds of Internet technology we see
around us. FOSSCOMM can also have vertical working groups dedicated to
specific actions.

Do see this -

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IETF_Working_Group

http://www.ietf.org/wg

MS