[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

amachu ramadasan at amachu.net
Sun Jul 19 23:17:39 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 11:39 +0530, renuka prasad wrote:

>         We need three to five "full timers" working on the evolution
>         of FOSSCOM,
>         with support from Organizations in building this (say for One
>         Year). Are
>         people from IT for Change of this kind? These people should be
>         in a
>         position to be contacted at least 5X8 over phone on issues
>         related to
>         FOSSCOM.
>
> I feel this is too early to  proceed like this , it might take few
> years atleast for the FOSSCOMM to mature

Well, It is a working group not a decision making or APEX body. We would
need four at-least, One for each zone (North, East, West and South) and
confining it to this mailing list alone won't be inclusive enough. There
are lot of people wanting FOSS to come up in a big way but are not used
to IRC,  mailing list, one language culture which may be common for us.

--

ஆமாச்சு