[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

ramadasan at amachu.net ramadasan at amachu.net
Sun Jul 19 20:34:02 PDT 2009

//Quoting Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Wed Jul 8 01:24:38 PDT 2009

However, at the same time we must move towards an agreed-upon
structure for FOSSCOMM. My preference at the moment would be
for an informal body without a legal existence, which exists
largely through this list and a website.//

I agree on that it has to be an informal body but disagree on it to be
confined to this list and a website particularly in Indian Context.

We need three to five "full timers" working on the evolution of FOSSCOM,
with support from Organizations in building this (say for One Year). Are
people from IT for Change of this kind? These people should be in a
position to be contacted at least 5X8 over phone on issues related to
FOSSCOM.

They have to travel across the nation create Local Groups (that should
deepen to districts of States, allow them to discuss among themselves and
get back within a stipulated time frame), take their opinions, co-ordinate
with experienced people here and finally arrive at a Structure.

--

Aamachu