[fosscomm] FOSSCOMM APEX COMMITTEE

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Fri Jul 17 23:52:42 PDT 2009

On Saturday 18 Jul 2009, OpenSpace wrote:
> [snip]
> What you are saying in essence is that The Free and Open Source
> Software Community be a Closed Cabal with Limited Disclosure when it
> comes to its own functioning, and sit on a moral high horse regarding
> closed proprietary systems?

Please don't put words into my mouth -- that is not what I said at all.
My meaning was very clear from the example I gave, and if you'd like to
discuss that I'd be more than glad to; discussing a position that you
attribute to me, on the other hand, is non-productive for me, and I have
tons of other, more interesting non-productive activities to indulge in
before this one comes to the top of the list.

> Have confidence in openness and transparency... it is powerful, and
> more important, it works!

I'm afraid that there will always be information passed in confidence to
FOSSCOMM members, and if I have a choice between breaking a trust given
to me by a friend and adhering to the principles of openness and
transparency, guess which one will prevail?

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/