[fosscomm] FOSSCOMM APEX COMMITTEE

OpenSpace use.info at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:26:24 PDT 2009

2009/7/17 Mohit Singh <gmohitsingh at gmail.com>

> IMHO Prof. Lynn has mentioned a very crucial point here that the APEX
> committee need be defined NOW.

Why? Unless this is an existential question, FOSSCOMM needs to be built
bottom up. At the meeting I attended, the idea was that of 'nodes', not
hierarchies. And why NOW (all caps!!).

> APEX committee may be on the lines of a 'National Security Council' or
> FREEMASONS dimensioning both the short and long term goals for
> FOSSCOMM.
>
> Both are highly secretive, incestuous and inwardlooking.
Better models can be found... if at all an APEX committee is required. So
far, no justifiable reason has been put forward.