[fosscomm] [Fwd: Letter to Secretary, DIT]

Guru गुरु guru at itforchange.net
Wed Jul 15 22:34:00 PDT 2009

Dear friends,

For a fledgling group like ours, it is worth a pat on back that FOSSCOMM
was able to in such a short time put out a representation to DIT on the
issue of open standards draft policy. And also nominate a 3 member team
to represent FOSSCOMM on this issue.

I would like to make a request - that FOSSCOMM empower the three member
group - Raj, Kishore and Andrew to take the help of any other person /
organizations as they think required in this effort, including on
telecons, meetings etc etc. Specifically, inputs of people who have been
working on this issue for a long time - Venky/Jaijit/Prabir/Nagarjuna
etc will always be useful to our team.

Advocacy is often a quick thinking and acting process and strategies
will need to be thought on feet. Hence if we can empower our group to
act on FOSSCOMM behalf to act in ways they think required, to push our
agenda on this issue, it would make their work more effective. They
could periodically report back to FOSSCOMM on the events/actions etc.

Dear Raj/Kishore/Andrew, all the best and we are with you!

thanks and regards,
Guru