[fosscomm] proposal: rule 1 for the moderator

vid vid at svaksha.com
Tue Jul 14 04:58:57 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 15:24, Indranil Das Gupta<indradg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sooner we list the rest of the rules public and inform them to every
>> subscriber, the better.  Else, poster may always take the attitude,
>> "you did not inform me before".

ime, most subscribers will not even read the rules, let alone follow
them ...and nope, its not their fault or anyone else's :)

As an admin i've observed that ::
- its practically impossible to list every rule out there. Keeping it
simple, helps :)
- its the older (err...experienced *cough*) members who are usually
nasty (no offence to anyone in particular) to newbies.
- being a wee bit lenient towards the newer folks does not hurt.

IMHO, a one-one off-list conversation with the OP is definitely NOT
recommended if you are not the list admin with enough powers to kick
out the offensive list member, and especially not when you have list
admins who just dont "get it" _nor_  "listen" to you.

> c) item(s) "a" be sent out as a monthly reminder (typically account
> reminders from mailman lists)

yikes, No reminders please.  I'd prefer to keep the option of
disabling this within my individual subscription options.

--
thanks
|| vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||