[fosscomm] proposal: rule 1 for the moderator

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 02:54:13 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Nagarjuna G.<nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:

> Whoever intends to be a moderator, take the word "moderate"
> seriously. I propose the following rule number 1:

<snipped>

> Sooner we list the rest of the rules public and inform them to every
> subscriber, the better.  Else, poster may always take the attitude,
> "you did not inform me before".

+1

proposing the following

a) the guidelines / rules are drafted and put up on the wiki (Praveen
A is already on this iirc)

b) the items and/or url to "a" above is sent out to new subscribers as
a "welcome" note

c) item(s) "a" be sent out as a monthly reminder (typically account
reminders from mailman lists)

just my 2p :)

cheers
-idg