[fosscomm] Chrome OS Could Offend the Open Source Community

jtd jtd at mtnl.net.in
Tue Jul 14 00:04:02 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 14 July 2009, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 Jul 2009 11:33:06 am jtd wrote:
> > > This was one such example. I don't think it was
> > > spam nor the poster needs to be moderated.
> >
> > It was spam, most likely using bots. I got two of them on my personal id.
> > The same was posted on ilug-bom.
>
> as far as I know, ilug-bom only accepts postings from members. Do you mean
> to say a bot has become a member?

By bot I mean an automated process. Ilug-bom does not use captchas, merely a
confirmation reply to a request for subscription. Very easily automated. Also
the OP has not bothered to reply to this thread at all.

Which brings up the subscription process to this list. We should use captchas.

--
Rgds
JTD