[fosscomm] Focus/ On-topic posts [was Re: Chrome OS Could Offend the Open Source Community]

jtd jtd at mtnl.net.in
Mon Jul 13 12:44:21 PDT 2009

On Monday 13 July 2009, Kingsly John wrote:
> All:
>
> Please keep the posts on topic. And the conversation civil.

> +++ jtd [2009-07-13 15:57:04]:
> > On Monday 13 July 2009, Aishwarya Madineni wrote:
> > > ITforChange.net
> >
> > List moderator could you ban this spammer.
>
> The moderators don't need to be told what to do.

Really?. After 3 mails hit the list?

> If any off-topic mails do make it to the list, it is best to ignore them

Yeah. It costs hard cash in these parts of the world to receive spam. Besides
I believe that ALL mails on this list should be read carefully, and hence
turned off most filters, to prevent any hitting the junk box.

Strongly suggest a set of guidelines be posted to every one who joins, to
prevent such things from happening, since many may be joining this group
without knowing mail and list etiquette.

> or
> contact the moderators/admins off-list.  instead of adding to the noise
> with such comments.

If it were a private mail ( I did respond directly to the op after 3 of the
same was sent on my email id and i replied the way i felt like).

--
Rgds
JTD