[fosscomm] Organisations endorsing position on Open Standards

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Sun Jul 12 21:17:56 PDT 2009

On Monday 13 Jul 2009 9:29:43 am Andrew Lynn wrote:
> We need a structure for FOSSCOMM, before we have a formal representation.

I feel that this formal structure at this stage is going to be counter
productive - we need to get a lot of people on board first. We just have a few
players at present. I rather like this issue based support model that is
evolving - find an issue on which there is broad agreement, formulate a policy
and work for it. Rocks.

> Before this is formulated, I suggest we act in our Individual capacities.
> I do not need permission to represent my views, as a member of the Academic
> community. It is even possible to tag my professional affiliation as part
> of my "individual capacity".
>
> I do not think it would be possible for the university to be a member of
> FOSSCOMM directly, and suggest we keep the possibility on hold for a while.

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate
NRC-FOSS
http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/