[fosscomm] Logo for Fosscomm

Guru गुरु guru at itforchange.net
Sun Jul 12 20:24:46 PDT 2009

I agree with chandita

The biggest strength of FOSSCOMM is that it is an alliance of diverse
organizations - this diversity should reflect in the logo. Something
inclusive, connival, that 'ornery' non technical folks can relate to
(not necessarily suggesting or wedded to GNU/Linux) will also help in
broadening our appeal and reaching out to many more constituencies.

regards
Guru

Comet Media Foundation wrote:
> Folks
>
> No offense meant and I hope this is taken in a friendly spirit! I hate
> to cut through the enthu here, but I think the logo is most
> inappropriate for FOSSCOM. A medieval multi-bladed weapon as the base
> inspiration? A logo that looks like the nuclear hazard warning sign? I
> mean we don't need to prop our militancy up with militarised symbols.
>
> No, please let's have something more inclusive, pro-life and convivial !
> What say others?
>
> Chandita

Gurumurthy Kasinathan
IT for Change
Tel:98454 37730
www.ITforChange.net
http://Public-Software.in
http://India.IS-Watch.net
http://IS-Watch.net
http://content-commons.in
*IT for Change is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with United
Nations’ Economic and Social Council*