[fosscomm] Covering letter to FOSSCOMM position - for comments

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Sun Jul 12 05:52:13 PDT 2009

On Sunday 12 Jul 2009, Guru गुरु wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I am providing the covering letter to DIT that will be sent along
> with FOSSCOMM position to DIT tomorrow. I request your comments on
> this covering letter by noon tomorrow and propose to email/fax the
> letter and the position statement to DIT by afternoon.

Looks good.  Have added to the wiki at:

http://fosscomm.in/Open-Standards-Covering-Letter-DIT

so we can all make changes.

As an aside, shouldn't we list out all the organisations who support our
position paper?  Having a couple of dozen organisation names would carry
more weight than just 3 names of (relative) non-entities (with apologies
in advance to the other two people involved :)

> When we send this letter, we need to give a physical address to which
> Govt can reply mail if they want to. Can Raj (or any of the 3) give
> his address for this purpose?

If the ILUGD people don't object, you can use the ILUGD address (which
also happens to be my residence):

c/o India Linux Users' Group, Delhi
BB/3G DDA Flats
Munirka
New Delhi 110067

We should also provide e-mail contact information, for which I suggest
we use the list address (as long as our admin is on his toes and clears
legitimate mails from unsubscribed posters promptly we shouldn't have
any issues there).

Regards,

-- Raj
--