[fosscomm] Covering letter to FOSSCOMM position - for comments

Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Sun Jul 12 05:26:22 PDT 2009

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:20:54 +0530
Guru गुरु <guru at itforchange.net> wrote:
[...]
> I am providing the covering letter to DIT that will be sent along
> with FOSSCOMM position to DIT tomorrow. I request your comments
> on this covering letter by noon tomorrow and propose to email/fax
> the letter and the position statement to DIT by afternoon.

Not to seem too pedantic, but some minor grammatical changes are
proposed below. Could you share the email, and FAX contact details
so that a separate letter from ILUG-Delhi can also be sent.

> When we send this letter, we need to give a physical address to
> which Govt can reply mail if they want to. Can Raj (or any of the
> 3) give his address for this purpose?

Raj has usually been kind enough to consent to the use of his
home address for such mail, and that should probably be used in
preference, as it a permanent one. Mine is also available, if
needed.

Regards,
Gora

[...]
> As a part of its mandate, FOSSCOMM seeks to engage with software
> related policies of the governments as well as support programs
  ^^^^^^^ Hyphenate: software-related

[...]
> implications. This goes against canons of participatory policy
                                 ^ Insert "the": goes against the
> making followed by Indian Government and is also not in keeping
  ^^^^^^ Hyphenate: policy-making
> with international commitments made by the Indian Government at
> various fora including at the World Summit on the Information
          ^^^^ "forums" is actually the more accepted English plural
  these days, though "fora" is also OK.

> Mr Raj Mathur, <??>
> Prof Andrew Lynn, Professor Jawaharlal Nehru University
> Mr Kishore, Indian Linux Users Group – Delhi
              ^^^^^^^^^^^ President, India Linux User's Group, Delhi
[...]