[fosscomm] open standard representation

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 03:22:26 PDT 2009

I hope everyone will see below mail as a suggestion by another
particpant is the process and not as a dictum of the list moderator. i
am saying this because there is a misgiving that these two are not
understood differently.

my role as list moderator and an individual FOSS enthusiast & activist
 may be seen as different roles. that's how I am seeing it

Anivar
On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Anivar Aravind<anivar.aravind at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> We had an interesting discussion on the issue of representation for a
> meeting (as mentioned in a lighter vein, ‘for which we are not yet
> invited’). However, there were several points about list ethics,
> transparency, consensus etc that were enlightening and instructive.
> Hope we take the positive aspects of the debate and discard the
> negatives. At the end, nevertheless we have a panel of two people- Raj
> and Kishore and Andrews has also stepped in which I think is
> exemplifying the merit of the process. Hope no one has any objections
> to the panel.
>
> Since we are already late, I request Raj & team  to follow up with the
> help of our friends venky & jaijith to present FOSSCOMM representation
> to MIT and try to get an invitation to apex committee  meeting. I
> believe the meeting will be successful (with a hope that we will get
> an invitation)  since the people in the panel have expertise in Free
> Software & open standards (Remember Open standards creates room for
> proprietary too)  that matter to te negotiation process

I hope everyone will see this as a suggestion by another particpant is