[fosscomm] open standard representation

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 03:09:48 PDT 2009

Dear All

We had an interesting discussion on the issue of representation for a
meeting (as mentioned in a lighter vein, ‘for which we are not yet
invited’). However, there were several points about list ethics,
transparency, consensus etc that were enlightening and instructive.
Hope we take the positive aspects of the debate and discard the
negatives. At the end, nevertheless we have a panel of two people- Raj
and Kishore and Andrews has also stepped in which I think is
exemplifying the merit of the process. Hope no one has any objections
to the panel.

Since we are already late, I request Raj & team  to follow up with the
help of our friends venky & jaijith to present FOSSCOMM representation
to MIT and try to get an invitation to apex committee  meeting. I
believe the meeting will be successful (with a hope that we will get
an invitation)  since the people in the panel have expertise in Free
Software & open standards (Remember Open standards creates room for
proprietary too)  that matter to te negotiation process

Anivar Aravind

--
"The resources of the world are for us all to share. Let us affirm our
faith in that common cause" - Dr. Ilina Sen