[fosscomm] FOSSCOMM structure - short term and long term

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 22:47:38 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM, prabir<prabirp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anivar,
> Pl stop personal comments (cynical me, paranoia a la Guru, etc), not
> becoming of somebody who is a "moderator". Such comments are clearly
> designed to "shut up" people, so that fearing unpleasantness, people
> will not speak. This is not "list" democracy. In the real world we
> call this bullying. So moderate your language and try and express
> yourself without various adjectives. All of us are taking time to
> discuss issues. So pl confine the discussion to issues and leave
> personal opinions, views about people out of this. This is important
> if we want to work together.

Prabir,

Just clarifying Observation on a comment that casts aspersions on a
collective process  will not amount to any personal insinuation.

Hope you will understand this. This is true about invoking ideas about
conspiracy or snubbing a process that people take seriously .

("Guru, we cannot decide who will represent us in one meeting to which
we have not yet been invited and u want to have a Exec com etc! Have a
heart!).

 I  think it is better we get back to discussion. Further distractions
will only be unproductive. I am not favouring a flame war here. It is
neither in the interest of the list nor the community. Let us not be
unnecessarily provocative. We are our best judges in these things. I
understand that the long discussion on the selection of the rep has
been annoying. I just want to say that there is nothing "abnormal"
about it. Let us agree to disagree if you think otherwise.

~ solidarity
Anivar Aravind
Moving Republic
--
"The resources of the world are for us all to share. Let us affirm our
faith in that common cause" - Dr. Ilina Sen