[fosscomm] FOSSCOMM structure - short term and long term

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:49:49 PDT 2009

> Suggest a simpler mechanism. For a specific issue, can create working
> groups. This was roughly the consensus in Bangalore and Delhi (correct
> me if I am wrong). Each working group can decide on their temporary
> point person(s) and an office. Enough organistions are there who will
> allow hosting facilities. Eg., IT for Change for Education, CIS for
> legal issues, etc. Who runs temporarily for each working group the
> temporary office would be decided by the group itself. They can even
> have their own mailing lists :). That way no central office is
> required right now. I think any centre at this point is premature and
> lead to flaming wars!.

Democracy can be a bit exasperating but rewarding. so you need not be
cynical about the discussion on choosing a representative . I already
wrote my suggestion of steps that we need to work on before reaching
working group level

Anivar Aravind
Moving Republic
--
"The resources of the world are for us all to share. Let us affirm our
faith in that common cause" - Dr. Ilina Sen