Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:20:15 PDT 2009

Dear Guru,

no body had taken any conclusions about anyone.
The effort by many had been to elaborate certain procedural and
organisational norms
Through a dialogue in the forum, Raj and Kishore emerged as consensus
candidates. Guru speaking to Andrew was not seen as a good approach in
settling issues such as representation. The presumption that someone
loves Andrew or hates raj has never come for discussion. And there is
no need to raise such points when actual processes are being
articulated. It was through dialogue and consensus making that Raj's
name and Kishore's name came up. We have to respect that.

No one is suspecting conspiracy by anyone. That is a paranoiac
response. The point is that if we don't respect certain norms and
practices, the whole project of democracy and transparency will be
defeated. That is a general point and important in the present
context.

Mailing list is preferred not because that is always the best method,
but because other alternatives are less inclusive and less transparent
.

Anivar Aravind