Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:09:34 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Andrew Lynn<lynn.andrew at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 2009/7/11 prabir <prabirp at gmail.com>:
>> > The issue here is not maximum support - FOSSCOMM should not be seen as
>> > a minority majority vote but how to maximise our unity and trying to
>> > build consensus. It does not help this process if some of the people
>> > here state that they only trust people they know and all others are
>> > suspect.
>>
>> The issue is here is someone who does not even respond even after
>> repeated requests representing FOSSCOMM and decisions are taken over
>> riding the consensus/completely ignoring majority supported
>> representative. I did not see anyone opposing ANdrew, all we asked was
>> him to repond to the list acknowledging his willing ness. I don't
>> think that is asking too much for a representative. This is especially
>> important for being a transparent process and as Nagarjuna said, if we
>> are modelling ourselves as equal peers.
>>
>> - Praveen
>
> My apologies for not responding on this list earlier. I was caught up with
> work disconnected at most times from the net.
> However, I did get to see some of the mail and talked to Guru - as he had
> mentioned, and did have to opportunity to connect long enough to respond in
> short (which is what I am doing now!). A lot of this conversation did not
> need to happen if I had sent in this response earlier.

welcome andrew, there is no negative feelings about anyone, any
particular likes or dislikes, any interest other than Free Software
interests. but at the same time certain basics had to be followed.
That was the concern raised by a lot of people here

We have panel of 2 people already raised their commitment to represent
FOSSCOMM on Openstandards issue. Raju & Kishore, your collegues in
Delhi FOSS Community. you can step in if there is an necessity & if
you are interested

> I will be at a meeting at MCIT - to discuss NRC-FOSS on the 17th July, and
> would be glad to be a messenger to pass on the FOSSCOMM note. If you wish
> that it should be given to the Secretary, this would require an appointment
> and is best done on the same day. Since the meeting I am attending is on
> discussing the one committed fund that MCIT has for FOSS, it is perhaps
> appropriate to announce FOSSCOM there.
>
> On the issue of representation - most of what can be said, has been
> elaborated on this thread. My suggestion is to work with point men for
> specific areas - based on their interest, expertise and access to Govt.  We
> could keep the issue of representatives until we have formulated the
> structure of FOSSCOMM.

Yes. Andrew You said it well. I am totally accepting your point that
the issue of representation can be taken after a formal structure is
evolved. Interest & Expertise & Working with Free Software Community
need to be a decision norm . We were raising same points here

Anivar Aravind

> Regards,
> Andrew

"The resources of the world are for us all to share. Let us affirm our
faith in that common cause" - Dr. Ilina Sen