Andrew Lynn lynn.andrew at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 20:05:27 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/7/11 prabir <prabirp at gmail.com>:
> > The issue here is not maximum support - FOSSCOMM should not be seen as
> > a minority majority vote but how to maximise our unity and trying to
> > build consensus. It does not help this process if some of the people
> > here state that they only trust people they know and all others are
> > suspect.
>
> The issue is here is someone who does not even respond even after
> repeated requests representing FOSSCOMM and decisions are taken over
> riding the consensus/completely ignoring majority supported
> representative. I did not see anyone opposing ANdrew, all we asked was
> him to repond to the list acknowledging his willing ness. I don't
> think that is asking too much for a representative. This is especially
> important for being a transparent process and as Nagarjuna said, if we
> are modelling ourselves as equal peers.
>
> - Praveen

My apologies for not responding on this list earlier. I was caught up with
work disconnected at most times from the net.
However, I did get to see some of the mail and talked to Guru - as he had
mentioned, and did have to opportunity to connect long enough to respond in
short (which is what I am doing now!). A lot of this conversation did not
need to happen if I had sent in this response earlier.

I will be at a meeting at MCIT - to discuss NRC-FOSS on the 17th July, and
would be glad to be a messenger to pass on the FOSSCOMM note. If you wish
that it should be given to the Secretary, this would require an appointment
and is best done on the same day. Since the meeting I am attending is on
discussing the one committed fund that MCIT has for FOSS, it is perhaps
appropriate to announce FOSSCOM there.

On the issue of representation - most of what can be said, has been
elaborated on this thread. My suggestion is to work with point men for
specific areas - based on their interest, expertise and access to Govt.  We
could keep the issue of representatives until we have formulated the
structure of FOSSCOMM.

Regards,
Andrew