[fosscomm] DEADLINE for FOSSCOM position on Draft Policy: 10.00 AM July July 9th.

narendra sisodiya narendra.sisodiya at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 09:08:46 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Pranesh Prakash <pranesh at cis-india.org>wrote:

> On Friday 10 July 2009 01:34 AM, Praveen A wrote:
> > 2009/7/9 Raj Mathur <raju at linux-delhi.org>:
> >> Fair enough -- I'd added that assuming that multiple standards were a
> >> requirement in some domain(s).  If that's not the case, then the
> >> statement is invalidated.
> >
> > OK. I have removed that part from the statement.
>
> Does this mean that the government can't allow for concurrent use of ODG
> and SVG (vector graphics) or of GIF and PNG (raster graphics)?  GIF has
> its advantages over PNG in certain circumstances, while PNG is better
> than GIF in other situations.  Both are royalty-free open standards.
>
> Could someone please clarify?
>
> --
> Pranesh Prakash
> Programme Manager
> Centre for Internet and Society
> W: http://cis-india.org | T: +91 80 40926283

PNG is made for image and image do not have animation. we donot care for
extra feature for gif.
PNG can animate --- http://twitpic.com/a01n0 --- (via @boomshake )

As long as vector image is consider, I vote SVG. If you read Open Office
Document specification , It do allow svg , javascript, smil animation
support !!

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )