Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Fri Jul 10 21:28:08 PDT 2009

On Saturday 11 Jul 2009, Praveen A wrote:
> [snip]
> If you look at FOSSCOMM representation as a mandate to rule over the
> FOSS community, then you are wrong. We don't want leaders here, but
> representatives in the true spirit.

Let's be very clear here -- all we're seeking at the moment is a
representative (or representatives) to put our case forward at the Apex
Body meeting on standards.  The chosen person will not automatically
have any special role to play in any other activity that FOSSCOMM
engages in.

I seem to remember that at the Delhi meeting it was agreed that we would
choose representatives for each engagement individually, depending on
the nature and location of the engagement.  There was no discussion
about have a single face embodying FOSSCOMM for the rest of the world to
see and, speaking for myself, I feel strongly that it is not desirable
to have one either.  We could even have multiple representatives at
different times in a single engagement if warranted (by length,
complexity or geographically diffuse nature of engagement).

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/