[fosscomm] DEADLINE for FOSSCOM position on Draft Policy: 10.00 AM July July 9th.

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 13:13:23 PDT 2009

2009/7/10 Pranesh Prakash <pranesh at cis-india.org>:
> Does this mean that the government can't allow for concurrent use of ODG
> and SVG (vector graphics) or of GIF and PNG (raster graphics)?  GIF has

This is a very good question, I have never thought of.

I would say chosing one over the other would be better in case of ODG and SVG.

> its advantages over PNG in certain circumstances, while PNG is better
> than GIF in other situations.  Both are royalty-free open standards.

But GIF and PNG are not one to one comparison as GIF has support for
animations. But in case of such widely supported formats, chosing one
over the other would not make any difference.

I would like to see what others think about it.

-Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)