[fosscomm] DEADLINE for FOSSCOM position on Draft Policy: 10.00 AM July July 9th.

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Fri Jul 10 12:52:29 PDT 2009

On Friday 10 July 2009 01:34 AM, Praveen A wrote:
> 2009/7/9 Raj Mathur <raju at linux-delhi.org>:
>> Fair enough -- I'd added that assuming that multiple standards were a
>> requirement in some domain(s).  If that's not the case, then the
>> statement is invalidated.
>
> OK. I have removed that part from the statement.

Does this mean that the government can't allow for concurrent use of ODG
and SVG (vector graphics) or of GIF and PNG (raster graphics)?  GIF has
its advantages over PNG in certain circumstances, while PNG is better
than GIF in other situations.  Both are royalty-free open standards.

Could someone please clarify?

--
Pranesh Prakash
Programme Manager