Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 04:00:34 PDT 2009

2009/7/10 Guru गुरु <guru at itforchange.net>:
> Dear friends,
>
> Thanks for the several suggestions on the people who can put our position
> across and the concerned people have also responded with their thoughts..
>
> Andrew Lynn has not responded since he is not on the list. I just spoke to
> him on the issue and he has agreed to be a representative.

Dear Guru,

With all respect to Andrew & you, I have an issue here.  Andrew was
cc'ed in all recent conversations on this list when his name is
mentioned. It is not an issue that need to be settled or granted
offlist through personal Conversation.

Sorry to say you set a wrong procedure here. and I strongly oppose
this mode of communication /decision making in a FOSS Forum.  Fosscomm
representation is a not a grant. it must come through the trust
acquired through the prior work

>I am copying him
> on this mail and request him to become asap a member of this list (by
> visiting http://lists.fosscom.in/listinfo.cgi/network-fosscom.in).
>
> Looking at various other suggestions, I will also speak to Kishore to
> request if he can become a member (or Raj or Gora can speak to him). As part
> of ILUGD team, he could be a good choice as well to be a part of this 2
> member team.

Same applies in Kishores case.

I feel this is a problem of thinking topdown instead of being bottom up.

> I think for this process it is best we have Delhi people (for eg to attend
> meetings that may be fixed suddenly without much notice etc) ...
> so should try and get Delhi folks.
>
> Nagarjuna, Gora, Raj and Sunil have responded to suggestions for (not)
> including their names and I agree their views

Raj's only concern was he is not much diplomatic as the position
demands (If i read it correctly) .  I think thats why a lot of people
still raised support to him even after his mail.

We will work on the statement from the WIKI and share it later today or
> early tomorrow along with a covering letter for DIT etc, which we can
> formalize and then send off.

I feel we need to hold the decision making  on representative  for
time being. Anyway Jaijith & Venky are doing their best in policy.
Lets Decide FOSSCOMM to strengthen their stand by our letter than
asking for a representative for time being.

I feel FOSSCOMM now facing a problem of not setting the ground rules.
We cant act toptown. Lets start from deciding working principles,
membership criteria for individuals & organisations , building working
groups on topics etc before selecting a representatives.

I hope our friends will not repeat the wrong procedures (may be in a
good spririt) till that point

~ regards
Anivar