Guru गुरु guru at itforchange.net
Fri Jul 10 02:09:45 PDT 2009

Dear friends,

Thanks for the several suggestions on the people who can put our
position across and the concerned people have also responded with their
thoughts..

Andrew Lynn has not responded since he is not on the list. I just spoke
to him on the issue and he has agreed to be a representative. I am
copying him on this mail and request him to become asap a member of this
list (by visiting http://lists.fosscom.in/listinfo.cgi/network-fosscom.in).

Looking at various other suggestions, I will also speak to Kishore to
request if he can become a member (or Raj or Gora can speak to him). As
part of ILUGD team, he could be a good choice as well to be a part of
this 2 member team.

I think for this process it is best we have Delhi people (for eg to
attend meetings that may be fixed suddenly without much notice etc) ...
so should try and get Delhi folks.

Nagarjuna, Gora, Raj and Sunil have responded to suggestions for (not)
including their names and I agree their views

We will work on the statement from the WIKI and share it later today or
early tomorrow along with a covering letter for DIT etc, which we can
formalize and then send off.

regards
Guru

Santhosh Thottingal wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Venkatesh Hariharan<venkyh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am on other supposedly "august" mailing lists that are trying to
>> reach a similar consensus and that's proving intractable. Compared to
>> the other groups that I am on, FOSSCOMM seems to be able to arrive at
>> a consensus much faster, which is FABULOUS!
>>

> I support Raj Mathur for this.  He is well known in community and have
> experiences as OSI board member too.
> Having said that , We are still waiting to hear from Andrew. I hope he
> subscribed to this mailing list.
>
> Thanks
> Santhosh

Gurumurthy Kasinathan
IT for Change
Tel:98454 37730
www.ITforChange.net
http://Public-Software.in
http://India.IS-Watch.net
http://IS-Watch.net
http://content-commons.in
*IT for Change is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with United
Nations’ Economic and Social Council*