Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Wed Jul 8 23:15:41 PDT 2009

On Thursday 09 Jul 2009 11:14:54 am Gora Mohanty wrote:
> For the record, I would say that political affiliation should be
> irrelevant in FOSSCOMM. We cannot control the perceptions of
> outsiders, but when it comes to representing FOSSCOMM, it should
> not be an issue that the person in question might be perceived as
> having a certain affiliation.

as FOSSCOMM is a collection of individuals and organisations, we have the
following use cases:
1. A person belonging to an organisation, but in FOSSCOMM in his individual
capacity - then nature of his organisation is irrelevant.
2. A person representing an organisation in FOSSCOMM - nature of organisation
is relevant

In the case of individuals belonging to organisations that may not be
acceptable as FOSSCOMM members, the individual should not mind if he is asked
to clarify his stance.
kg
http://lawgon.livejournal.com