sunil sunil at cis-india.org
Wed Jul 8 23:18:08 PDT 2009

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:36:49 +0530, Anivar Aravind
<anivar.aravind at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Gora Mohanty<gora at srijan.in> wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 07:24:42 +0530
>> Raj Mathur <raju at linux-delhi.org> wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Rather than I (who don't hold a formal position in ILUGD any
>>> more), I'd recommend Andrew, Gora and Kishore to represent
>>> FOSSCOMM in case the old guard is not available for whatever
>>> reason.  All three are clued regarding the issues with FOSS and
>>> open standards, articulate, committed to the principles of
>>> freedom and openness and, most important, have the ability to put
>>> their points across with tact and diplomacy, two words that don't
>>> exist in my dictionary :)
>

> So we have 2 names. Sunil & Andrew.
> And we need to hear from them.  I am not much aware about Andrew's
> work. So My Vote is for sunil, the work of him/his team on Open
> Standards  is quite significant .And he is a known face in FOSS
> community in India & abroad

Thanks for your vote of confidence Anivar. But I will not be able to do
much more traveling for the next year or so. My wife is keeping unwell and
I have to stay in Bangalore for as much as possible. I could possibly go up
for a single day if absolutely required. But I would prefer to do more
FLOSS lobbying in Bangalore - so please feel free to ask me in any
opportunity comes up.

Regarding Andrew - I have absolute faith and confidence in him. It is
highly unlikely that CIS (or I) would disagree with any of his policy
positions. As with all the other senior people in the Delhi FOSS community
including Prabir.

Cheers,

Sunil