Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Wed Jul 8 18:54:42 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 08 Jul 2009, prabir wrote:
> Have just posted on what appears to be a different thread. Suggest
> Andrew and/or Sunil on this! Have removed myself -- too old as
> Nagarjuna puts it -- is quite right! The Younger Ones should now
> inherit the earth, amen! No problems with Gora or Raj either! By the
> way, I AM quite visble to MIT, am on their Expert Commitee for
> Industrial Applications for the last 18 years! Suggest that focus on
> the next 2-3 days to generate a consensus position first and do our
> home work before we clinch the representation issue, the hurry is on
> submitting letters or a common position to MIT. That should be our
> current focus.

Rather than I (who don't hold a formal position in ILUGD any more), I'd
recommend Andrew, Gora and Kishore to represent FOSSCOMM in case the old
guard is not available for whatever reason.  All three are clued
regarding the issues with FOSS and open standards, articulate, committed
to the principles of freedom and openness and, most important, have the
ability to put their points across with tact and diplomacy, two words
that don't exist in my dictionary :)

Gora, Kishore, Andrew: please indicate if you're willing to pick up the
ball and run with it.

Regards,

-- Raj
--