Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 06:12:12 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Jaijit Bhattacharya
<jaijit at dms.iitd.ac.in>wrote:

> Good idea.
>
> 1. Can we have a wiki where I can put the first cut and it can be evolved
> till 10.00 PM tonight and whatever is there is what we pick up, clean up
> in terms of syntax and spellings and adopt as FOSSCOMM stand

+1

> 2. Both Venky and I cannot represent FOSSCOMM as we are very visible to
> the government. It will look like a cheap ploy for us to present the same
> views through another platform. Therefore, may I suggest Prabir
> Purkhaystha to officially present it to the government. Besides the fact
> that he is in Delhi and understands government and politics very well, his
> superb articulation and resplendent grey hair (apologies for the pun)
> would help our cause greatly.

I suggest Raj Mathur or Gora Mohanti from Ilugd , if it is not venky or
Jaijit

Raju also played an important role historically on Open standards by
exposing MSNGO Lobby on OOXML battle

http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/OpenStandards/MsNgoLobby

> Moderator: Can you please send me the link where I can create this wiki.

Create it  on  http://fosscomm.in/OpenStandards/Letterto<fill>

and post it to the list

Anivar

> Thanks
> Jaijit
>

> > I would like to request Jaijit/Venky, since they have played a key role
> > historically on this issue, to 'sum up' FOSSCOMM position as they see it
> > and share with the list.
> >
> > That can be the basis for evolving the position that they can represent
> > FOSSCOMM on the apex committee.
> >
> > In addition there was another specific proposal that we should seek the
> > membership of FOSSCOMM in the Apex Committee itself.
> >
> > regards,
> > Guru
> >

> > Raj Mathur wrote:
> >>
> >> Can we just end the controversy by creating a single document that
> >> states FOSSCOMM stance on the draft policy?  Once that is done each
> >> member (individual/organisation) of FOSSCOMM can decide whether
> >> s/he/they support that stance or not, and our representatives can be
> >> very clear about whom they are representing to GoI.  Without a formal
> >> document representing a (maximal) consensus stance, we will be lost in
> >> semantics forever.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> -- Raj
> >>

> > --
> > Gurumurthy Kasinathan
> > IT for Change
> > Bridging Development Realities and Technological Possibilities
> > Tel:98454 37730
> > www.ITforChange.net
> > http://Public-Software.in
> > http://India.IS-Watch.net
> > http://IS-Watch.net
> > http://content-commons.in
> > *IT for Change is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with United
> > Nations’ Economic and Social Council*

"The resources of the world are for us all to share. Let us affirm our faith
in that common cause" - Dr. Ilina Sen