[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Guru गुरु guru at itforchange.net
Wed Jul 8 02:36:28 PDT 2009

I would like to request Jaijit/Venky, since they have played a key role
historically on this issue, to 'sum up' FOSSCOMM position as they see it
and share with the list.

That can be the basis for evolving the position that they can represent
FOSSCOMM on the apex committee.

In addition there was another specific proposal that we should seek the
membership of FOSSCOMM in the Apex Committee itself.

regards,
Guru

Raj Mathur wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Gora Mohanty<gora at srijan.in> wrote:
>> >From the discussions on the list, and the various blogs
>> referenced to, my understanding was that there was a
>> broad, if unspoken, consensus. If I could take the liberty
>> to sum it up, it would be that we are generally in
>> enthusiastic agreement with the policy outlined in the
>> document, apart from certain loopholes in Sec. 6.
>
> Can we just end the controversy by creating a single document that
> states FOSSCOMM stance on the draft policy?  Once that is done each
> member (individual/organisation) of FOSSCOMM can decide whether
> s/he/they support that stance or not, and our representatives can be
> very clear about whom they are representing to GoI.  Without a formal
> document representing a (maximal) consensus stance, we will be lost in
> semantics forever.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Raj

Gurumurthy Kasinathan
IT for Change
Tel:98454 37730
www.ITforChange.net
http://Public-Software.in
http://India.IS-Watch.net
http://IS-Watch.net
http://content-commons.in
*IT for Change is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with United
Nations’ Economic and Social Council*