[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Wed Jul 8 02:16:36 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Gora Mohanty<gora at srijan.in> wrote:
> >From the discussions on the list, and the various blogs
> referenced to, my understanding was that there was a
> broad, if unspoken, consensus. If I could take the liberty
> to sum it up, it would be that we are generally in
> enthusiastic agreement with the policy outlined in the
> document, apart from certain loopholes in Sec. 6.

Can we just end the controversy by creating a single document that
states FOSSCOMM stance on the draft policy?  Once that is done each
member (individual/organisation) of FOSSCOMM can decide whether
s/he/they support that stance or not, and our representatives can be
very clear about whom they are representing to GoI.  Without a formal
document representing a (maximal) consensus stance, we will be lost in
semantics forever.

Regards,

-- Raj