[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Guru गुरु guru at itforchange.net
Wed Jul 8 01:51:38 PDT 2009

Kenneth

In my earlier mail I have asked anyone who has reservations about our
support to the draft policy should share their views. As I have seen on
this list, there is no disagreement that the current policy draft needs
to be released by the Govt of India and that the policy will strongly
support the adoption of FOSS.

There are also mails supporting a possibility of FOSSCOMM representing
to Government about the need to release the open standards policy.

Is your statement  "... and what do we do with individuals who take
stands (under the FOSSCOMM banner) which some or most of us do not agree
with? " a general statement or relevant to this specific issue being
discussed. Request you to elaborate.

regards
Guru

--